Repairing computers involves appropriate knowledge of composition and software. However, certain concerns can be solved by the user himself if he knows the right process. Understanding of the basics is an essential aspect since dependence on computers has increased immensely these days. Those who cannot do without a computer can save time and money through thorough study. Below are few problems with better solutions that a person must consider whenever he faces any issues.
Image Credit: debspoons.
1) Problem: System Freezing!System freezing is a common problem that occurs due to faults in software or hardware. Therefore, one must be able to diagnose the problem properly. Such issues either emerge when the user attaches peripherals like scanner, printer etc. or due to driver conflicts. If one finds that the hard drive is the cause behind it, then it is definitely due to excessive heat or insufficient power supply. The solution to this problem is:
- The computer should be turned off for a few minutes and then plugged in again. This allows resetting the hardware and clearing the memory.
- If the system gets too hot, then one might have to open the computer. The user must first unplug the system and then open it.
- After opening the system, one must check the temperature of a component called metal chassis. Also, one must test the fans on rear and front side and ensure that there is no dust at all. One can use a clean cotton cloth for this purpose.
- If an additional hard drive has been installed in the system, one must avoid placing them adjacent to each other. This can lead to heating issues. If one desires extra storage, the hard drive should be installed in slots which have DVD or CD ROM drives. Also, one can opt for mounting brackets.
- After completing the work, one should always check the cable connections and close the cabinet without exerting much pressure as this might damage the motherboard.
- There are situations where system downloads a wrong driver during the Windows update process. This is why it is essential to monitor the status on regularly. After checking everything, one must switch the system on and check it is working fine. If the problem continues, it is advised to restore the computer to the previous configuration which might be helpful.
- The process of restoring is: Start option- Programs- Click on accessories- Choose system tools- Click on restore. This will restore all the settings that one has changed.
- It is also recommended to check the hard disk since over time it gets cluttered. This has a direct impact on the speed. The bad programs must be eliminated to get enhanced performance.
2) Problem: Loading Program and Applications!There are instances when a program or application does not load properly. This is termed as the Blue Screen of Death. One must always delete such programs and scan the system with a reliable anti-virus.
3) Problem: Errors in Registry!All the information related to settings of software as well as hardware is stored in the Windows Registry. Sometimes, the Registry is corrupted due to harmful programs. This can be solved in two ways; either by editing Registry or manually. You can also download PC Optimization software to do it for you. Or hire an expert in this and must always take back up before taking any action.
Image Credit: debspoons.
Author Bio:The author works for www.axisdigitalworld.com and is an expert in computer repair Canberra. He can solve all kinds of computer problems within a short time span. Those who are not able to repair the systems can contact him and get the issue solved.